The FOAA serves as an advocate for the outdoor advertising industry in the state of Florida representing industry interests before the Florida Legislature as well as the Florida Department of Transportation.
We work to promote and preserve the business of outdoor advertising with due consideration of the public interest and welfare; to provide programs of education, information and research in order to engender a better understanding and greater appreciation of the outdoor medium; to advance the common interests of the broad spectrum of those engaged in the business of outdoor advertising recognizing the particular diversity of business characteristics within the industry; to cooperate with local, county and state authorities in regulating outdoor advertising within the State of Florida; and to establish and maintain liaison with other professional, governmental, business organizations and related industries.
The FOAA hosts an annual convention each year offering an opportunity to network with industry peers, educational seminars, and opportunities for supplier companies to promote their products and services. Program participants include legislative leaders, state regulators, and guest speakers that provide participants with information about the most recent trends and developments in the outdoor advertising industry.
FOAA conducts an annual Legislative Fly-In in Tallahassee providing an opportunity for members to meet both formally and informally with legislators and government officials who play a vital role in determining the future of our industry. Members are briefed on current industry issues and legislation and equipped with the tools needed for meetings with their legislative delegation.
FOAA members are provided updates on legal, regulatory, and legislative issues impacting the outdoor advertising industry through numerous services and publications. In addition, FOAA offers members media tools to assist with local press outreach and communications planning.
- Capitol Update: Weekly communication provided during the legislative session to keep members informed on legislative activities and the status of legislation impacting the outdoor industry.
- FOAA Highlights: FOAA Highlights is a quarterly newsletter to keep members informed about association activities, outdoor advertising regulations, public service efforts, and other information relevant to the industry.
FOAA continually works to offer services and products to assist members with lower operating costs.
- Local OrdinanceWatch: FOAA offers its members access to OrdinanceWatch, an advance notice local government information service. FOAA members can receive advance notice of pending local government action via two methods of delivery. Members can log on to the member section of the FOAA website to view ordinance watch activity in specific cities and counties or they can register to receive customized alert email advisories notifying them about activity in designated localities.
- MyOfficeProducts: FOAA has a preferred vendor partnership with MyOfficeProducts, the largest independent national office supplier in the US representing over 35,000 office consumable items. FOAA members receive reduced pricing on office supplies customized to their individual business purchasing needs through leveraged buying power, in addition to free delivery with no minimum purchase.
FOAA continually works to provide opportunities for members to promote their products and services to industry members and outdoor advertising clients.
- SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Exclusive sponsorship opportunities offered at the annual convention that provide maximum exposure to meeting participants and recognition on the FOAA website and in FOAA communications.
- MEMBER DISCOUNT PROMOTIONS: Opportunity to provide exclusive FOAA member discount and receive valuable promotion for your offer.
The FOAA considers the support of civic, charitable and governmental projects necessary for local communities to develop and grow. The FOAA public service program is a statewide effort in which members provide public service space to qualifying organizations in order to communicate important messages to the motoring public. By participating in the FOAA public service program, members enjoy the benefit of always having worthwhile copy close at hand to post on available boards. In addition, the program serves as a venue for implementing press conferences and gaining positive media exposure. Most importantly, the FOAA public service program exemplifies the desire of the outdoor advertising industry to be a good community partner.
Become a Member
- Florida Department of Transportation - Office of Right of Way
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Highway Administration - Florida Division Office
- National Alliance of Highway Beautification Agencies (NAHBA)
- Online Sunshine - Official Site of the Florida Legislature
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA)
- Outdoor Advertising Association of Georgia
- TAB Out of Home Ratings